Outside there is table tennis in an unconverted barn, a flat grass area for badminton in the Summer and a under 10’s play area in the orchard with swings, slide, climbing wall, sandpit, football goals and picnic tables.
Both wildlife ponds are fenced for safety, though we do offer supervised pond dipping sessions in the summer holidays.
There are plenty of free things to do for families including
- Crabbing on the quay at Kingsbridge, Dartmouth and Salcombe
- Swim in the sea!
- Sand castle building on the sandy beaches at Bigbury, Bantham, South Milton Sands and Thurlestone
- Feed the Ducks and visit the World War 2 Sherman Tank at Torcross
- Take a walk around Slapton Ley through the woods and on the wooden walkways over the water
- Visit the rangers at the Field Study Centre vehicle in the Memorial car park at Slapton Sands. Use one of their free activity guides or book onto one of their courses such as mysterious minibeasts, beach survival or bushcraft
- Discover the village that fell into the sea at South Hallsands
- Try geocaching (otherwise known as digital treasure hunting!) Local geocaches can be found at Start Point and Torcross.
- Visit Cookworthy Museum (free to under 16s) in Kingsbridge