Please do not follow satnav beyond Exeter as it is likely to take you down some narrow lanes and via the Dartmouth Ferry. We recommend you take the A38 Exeter to Plymouth road, turning left at Buckfastleigh for Totnes (A384). At Totnes follow the signs for Kingbridge (A381). On reaching Kingsbridge take the A379 towards Stokenham . At the mini roundabout turn right and follow the road for approx 1.5 miles until reaching a left hand turn for Beeson/Beesands. On reaching Beeson the road forks, turn right for Beeson Farm. Pass the barns on your left and the main drive can be found on the left just past the back of the farmhouse.
Please note the the Stokenham to Dartmouth road (A379) is closed for the foreseeable future so please do not follow satnav directions along the coastal road.
Please feel free to park up and unload your car outside your cottage. Once unloaded, there is a car parking area off the main drive, please do not leave your car in the farmyard or the drive.
All cottages changeover on a Friday. When short breaks are available we also offer a Monday changeover. Off season we can be flexible with arrival and departure day (including mid week), please contact us for details.
Arrival / Departure
Guests are welcome to arrive any time after 3pm, your cottage will be unlocked and the keys waiting for you. We will endeavour to meet you at your cottage, welcome you in and show you around the farm. Guests are requested to leave by 10am on the day of departure, unless by prior arrangement.
Duvets, pillows and all bed linen is provided in all cottages except the Part Farmhouse, where bed linen can be hired if required. Towels are provided for overseas visitors but can be hired if necessary. Please bring any bedding required for the cot.
Babies & children
We know that when travelling with a family space in your car can soon fill up! We therefore have a selection of equipment that you are welcome to borrow. Travel cots and high chairs can be provided. Each cottage has stair gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. We have a selection of toys, books and dvds in each cottage. The kitchen has child friendly cutlery, plates, bowls and cups. We can provide a baby bath support seat (suitable for 6 months +), a changing mat, a baby activity play mat and potty.
A separate security deposit cheque for £100 is required at the time of final payment. This is not cashed and will be destroyed following your stay unless any extra cleaning, breakage or damage charges are deemed necessary.
Nearest Shop Within 2 miles you can find Chillington village stores and Stokeley Farm Shop, Stokenham
Nearest Supermarket Kingsbridge is approximately 7 miles away and has a Morrisons and Tesco, open 7 days a week
Nearest Pub – The Cricket Inn at Beesands 0.75 mile
Nearest Beach – Beesands Beach 0.75 mile
Nearest Leisure Centre with swimming pool & toddler pool – Quayside Leisure Centre, Kingsbridge is 7 miles away
Nearest Tourist Office – Tourist Information Centre, The Quay, Kingsbridge. Telephone – 01548 853195
Nearest Health Centre / Surgery – Chillington Health Centre is 2 miles away. Telephone 01548 580214
Kingsbridge 01548 852349 has a small daytime minor injuries A&E department
or Derriford, Plymouth (large) 24 hr 01752 777111
- A communal drying area and coin operated tumble drier is available in the woodshed.
- Please bring your own bedding and linen for the cot.
- We provide tea towels, oven gloves, cleaning cloths, washing up liquid, tin foil, clingfilm, hand soap and toilet roll in each cottage. We also supply a small amount of dishwashing powder. You may wish to bring additional washing powder, barbecue fuel (if required), additional toilet rolls and bin liners.
- No smoking please within the accommodation.
- Out of season short breaks and two person discounts available if only one ensuite is used, please ask for details.
- There are coin operated log burner style electric stoves in the Dairy, Shippon and Bull House should additional heating be required. The Trap House and Linhay have traditional woodburners (First basket of wood is free and there is a modest charge for subsequent wood).
- Dogs are welcome in the Dairy, Shippon, Bull House and Trap House
- The Dog Lodge in Slapton offers full or part day dog care. Ring Cathy & Johnny to book on 01548 581159 or 07791068407. Up to date vaccination certificate required including kennel cough.
- Please remember to bring a torch as there is no lighting in the lanes.