Heres a suggested itinerary for spending 5 days out and about from Beeson Farm:
Day 1: Arrival and Local Exploration
- Arrive at Beeson farm and settle into your cottage.
- Spend the afternoon exploring Kingsbridge. Visit the Quay, where you can enjoy a leisurely walk along the water and explore the shops and cafes.
- Have dinner down at The Cricket Inn, Beesands (a 3 min drive from your cottage at Beeson Farm), sampling some of the best local seafood.
Day 2: Dartmouth and River Cruise
- Head to Dartmouth for the day. Explore Dartmouth Castle and take a stroll along the waterfront before wandering around the town..
- Enjoy a river cruise along the River Dart, which offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and coastline. We recommend going up river to Dittisham and back, you could even disembark for a visit to Greenway (National Trust).
- In the evening, dine at one of Dartmouth’s restaurants overlooking the river.
Day 3: Coastal Walks and Salcombe
- Spend the day hiking along the South West Coast Path, which offers stunning views of the coastline. Consider starting at Thurlestone and walking towards Hope Cove, or a circular walk from Gara Rock to East Portlemouth.
- Depending on which of the above routes you chose to walk you could either drive to Salcombe or take the ferry from East Portlemouth to explore the town’s shops and art galleries.
- Relax with dinner at a pub or restaurant in Salcombe, watching the boats come and go.
Day 4: Beach Day and Water Activities
- Spend the day at one of the area’s beautiful beaches, such as Bantham Beach or Blackpool Sands. Relax on the beach, go for a swim, or try your hand at water sports like surfing or paddleboarding.
- Alternatively, you could explore the nearby estuaries by kayak or paddleboard for a different perspective on the coastline. Equipment hire available from Kingsbridge or East Portlemouth.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the beach, having bought supplies at Stokeley farmshop or one of the delis in Kingsbridge.
Day 5: Historic Sites
- Visit nearby historic sites such as Greenway House, the former holiday home of Agatha Christie, or the National Trust property Overbeck’s in Salcombe.
- Alternatively, spend the day exploring the nearby towns and villages, such as Totnes or Modbury.
This itinerary should give you a good taste of what South Devon has to offer, from its beautiful coastline to its charming towns and villages, all while using Beeson Farm as a comfortable base for exploring! Whatever you choose to do, we hope you enjoy your holiday!