We know how expensive it can be to keep everyone entertained on holiday. There is so much to do for free in South Devon from your base at Beeson Farm, whether its days out on the moor, playing on the beach or exploring the local landmarks.
Check out our top 10 things to do for free in South Devon for inspiration
- Start Point Lighthouse. Talk a walk along the coastpath to see the Lighthouse, with beautiful views over the Start Bay coastline, on a clear day you can see as far as Dorset! Take a picnic and head down to Mattiscombe beach and stop off at Pear Tree Point to see the seals playing and basking on the rocks.
- Crabbing from the quay in Kingsbridge or Salcombe. Guests are welcome to borrow buckets and crab lines from us.
- Kingsbridge Cookworthy Museum is free for under 16s
- Slapton Ley is the largest natural freshwater lake in the South West and a SSSI. Download a walking trail and explore the reedbeds, marshes, woods and raised walkways over the lake.
- Dartmoor National Park. Explore the beauty of the moor, from rugged Tors to babbling brooks there are 368 miles to explore and makes an easy day trip from Beeson Farm. Here are some easy walks on Dartmoor to try with kids.
- Buckfast Abbey in Buckfastleigh, is a working Benedictine Monastery. Pack a picnic and enjoy a peaceful walk around the lawns and meandering paths of the formal gardens.
- The House of Marbles – This small attraction is home to some fascinating marble runs that will keep kids entertained and watch demonstrations of glass blowing. Outside there’s a garden with games and a play area
- The Box is an interactive arts and heritage museum in the heart of Plymouth. with interactive exhibits, digital displays there is plenty to wow your kids and is perfect for a rainy day.
- Beaches, beaches and more beaches…with so many beaches on our doorstep you could explore a different location every day!